Sunday, April 22, 2007

ROZ EK SHER

For my dear friends Sandeepa and Tarun Bagrecha, who are getting married today and bring moonbeams of love to each others' lives

खुदाया मुझे ज़िन्दगी चाहिये, अन्धेरों में हूँ रौशनी चाहिये
तमन्ना नहीं सारा गुलशन मिले, के बस प्यार की एक कली चाहिये
-प्रेम धवन

khudaayaa mujhe zindagii chaahiye
andheron mein huun roshanii chaahiye
tamannaa nahiin saaraa gulshan mile
ke bas pyaar kii ek kalii chaahiye
-Prem Dhavan

O god, I want life
I am in darkness, I want light
I ask not for the moon
Just a moonbeam of love will do

English adaptation by Manish Modi
==============================================
MUGHAL-E-AZAM: Nuur Nakhat Bharii Daastaan
A Magnificent Coffee Table Book on Mughal-e-Azam, the movie
By Sandeepa
2005      235 x 240 mm      88 pp art plates in full colour
Softcover      Rs. 400
==============================================

No comments: